The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Monday, February 05, 2007

The Aloneness is Killing Me


OMGoodness, the number of friends who have vanished from my life--I can't even tell you. Real life friends, online friends, other loss friends--poof.

It's just me. I've come to accept it (or at least I'm trying to). My life is just so very sad. Who would want to stick around through it; and how do you fix something that can't be fixed?
I got kicked to the curb by my pro-life group. I made the mistake of expressing myself too forthwrightly, and I got flamed by IM, smacked by email, and publically told off in the group--and then if that wasn't enough there were several sarcastic remarks made in several posts to follow. Talk about being run out of town!. I guess they really can kick you when you're down.
I was shocked that my own grief mattered so little. I was flabbergasted that even in a Christian pro-life group, there was still this prevailing dominance in favor of pro-choice. They made it very clear that I was not to even dare express my angst at the pro-choice movement--I feel kicked & slapped.
I still don't get it. Am I the ONLY one who actually takes offence to pre-term abortion? I guess so. Again, it's just me and what do I know about anything. I can't wait till I'm dead.
People say they care; they claim to be supportive. Words are cheap. I've never been so alone in all my life. Truly it's not possible to be more defeated or more hurting than I am right now.

2 Comments:

At Tue Feb 06, 02:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, you are not alone. Life is not a choice, it is a right. Sadly this country is one of convenience rather than rights, personal freedom instead of moral responsibility.

 
At Tue Feb 06, 05:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish the world was gentler on you, my friend. Sending life-loving smooches your way. And prayers for all the babies...

much love,
Jules

 

Post a Comment

<< Home