The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Sunday, December 31, 2006

So Much Snow!

There was so much snow the last couple of days that the clothesline was broken and the road's impassable. I've not seen this much snow since we lived in Denver. Ironically enough, it was clear & sunny in Denver today while it snowed all day here in ABQ. Go figure.

I've been very ill. It's hard to tell if I'm deathly allergic to something, having adverse reactions to my meds, or if I'm just experiencing classic symptoms of congestive heart failure.

Apparently, fibromyalgia comes and goes in flair ups and then it goes dorment for a period. Then it comes out of dormancy and it kicks you to the curb--in cycles. I had a spell just like this about a decade ago--ended up trading in my couch for an electric hospital bed. I gained a HUGE amount of weight, ended up with a cane and on disability.

But then I started to get better. I dropped a bunch of weight, lost the cane, and even got pregnant! WTF? I've analyzed the situation to death trying to pinpoint what the two spells have in common: vitamins, food allergies, stresses, etc. I can't figure it out. Why did I get so deathy sick, and then why did I get better? What's causing the same thing to happen to me again? Will I survive it again like I did last time, or will it take me out like I'm often convinced it will? Whatever the case, today I was very very ill. Please Lord, put Your healing hand upon my body; please....

1 Comments:

At Wed Jan 03, 05:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you, or the extent of your struggles, but I'm praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home