The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Overlooking the Plank to Pull the Speck



Tuesday check-in. Time seems so fleeting; I'm so tired all the time and get so little done. I go to the dr to discuss different thyroid options. I sense that it's dangerously low and yet my response to the recent synthroid nearly killed me outright. Hopefully (prayerfully), I have other pharmaceutical options with which I can move forward. At this rate, I'm quite worried that I'll not see fifty.

The neighbor's had their electricity turned off again today--it's like the 12th time in just as many months. It's none of my business except we share a well--the electricity to run the pump for the well is on their electrical system. Thus, when they get their power cut off, it results in our water also being turned off.

Excuse me, but we pay our bills--no matter how poor we've been. Why do we get our utilities turned off cuz someone else doesn't pay their bills? What sort of alternate universe is my life destermined to be grounded on? Thankfully, I'd already had my shower. But it meant I couldn't flush all day.

And I'm unsettled with their irresponsibility. These people are older than we are, have three grown children and two teens still living at home. They support a new Saab wagon a Dodge king cab truck, and a little beater Mercedes they just bought for their teen girls to use.

And yet they have their electricity turned off so regularly it's embarrassing. How can they do this to their children? I mean, these people have their power turned off more regularly than I pay quarterly taxes. How is such a thing even possible? It's all rather perplexing.

I suppose but for the grace of God, go I...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home