The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Faith of a Mustard Seed


























I get so bummed when people say things like: I wish your faith would bring you peace. As if to say my faith is supposed to erase all the human pain that comes with burying two children, and the pain of diabetes & fibromyalgia.

If faith erased such pain, EVERYONE would be a believer!

The fact that I'm such a strong believer in the face of such pain speaks volumes of my faith, don't you think?

It just makes me feel ashamed when those who don't know such pains as mine seem to think that if I'm faithful enough then I will be "happy" with my plight in life. People really are clueless dolts most of the time.

The fact that I'm out there giving gifts and sending cards--wishing others joy in Heaven's Gift; good golly, what a testimony of faith! I can barely walk with the chronic pain I live with.

On top of my emotional anguishes, my body's been overwrought with pain and debilitating disease this last year or so.

And yet I'm still up & at 'em--still out and about--still giving and reaching out. How much faith does a person have to have in order to impress someone???

And yet my faith isn't about impressing people. It's about receiving that ultimate reward of "well done, thou good and faithful servant." I think in light of all that God's done to allow havoc in my life (a means of tesing & proving faith), that I certainly must have impressed HIM somewhere along the line.

I may whine like Job and cry like Elijah, but God never held any of their humanity against them when they struggled through their tribulations. I rejoice in my Saviour in spite of my human plight of anguish. If people can't see that then blindness truly has consumed them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home