The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Thursday, March 29, 2007

When Life Hands You Rags, Make Dolls



Just a note to document the unveiling of the new Legacy Page program at the Trisomy 18 Foudation. I enjoyed working on the beta testing for them; helping work out the bugs & kinks before they presented it to the public.

Working on Anne's page has been a long tedious, painstaking process. Writing, rewriting, multiple edits. I want to be pointed in confronting the medical politics without being tremendously attacking. The hospice people we worked with were only "doing their jobs" and thus I didn't want to make the failures in the system be too pointed at specific persons. Abigail's story, on the other hand, is a whole other ball of wax--there were specific individuals that caused her to die and God knows their names! I pray for just desserts. In Anne's case it was the system of medical ignorance that aided in her early demise--according to God's justice & mercy, they too will be held accountable. Oh those who side with the "system" will blame the trisomy, but those who know better know that the cards were never stacked in her favor and decisions were made that did her no earthly good. Just as with Abigail, it upsets me that we didn't look for different providers. I'm bothered by the fact that our minds were so muddled by the situation that we didn't think to question their authority. Who died and made these people god? Ultimately, I take full responsibility for their failures simply because I'm the one who didn't challenge them more directly--like I should have.

Anyway, Anne's Legacy Pages is noted in my sidebar and I thank everyone who visits and signs her guestbook.

Here's another article I came across yesterday. The writer speaks the same passionate voice as mine, so maybe I'm not just half-cocked and ultra insane...

http://www.lifeissues.net/writers/val/val_29disabilities.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home