The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Sadness

We got some terrific rain today. And then the sun came out and all the earth seemed to rejoice. I put a bouquet of artificial daffodils together for Anne's headstone. Abigail's bouquet is pale pink roses that are surprisingly beautiful for artificial flowers... not quite the pretty new Easter dresses that I'd rather be getting ready for them. I have a couple of cute ceramic chicks and a couple of sleeping bunnies to take to them as well. Plus, I've got the bitty resin bunnies that look like real chocolate rabbits--I found them last year and since they're resin, they pack away to use again for many Easters to come. And I found the cutest bitty bobblehead lambs & ducks to bobble in the breezes of the baby yard at the cemetery where the girls are buried. Easter toys and embellishements not at all like a shiny new pair of patent-leather shoes. I've wept a lot the last few days as I've gathered the Easter basket things together--the Easter basket for my girls consists of headstone polish, electric lawn clippers, and various trinkets to place upon their granite shelves that are inlaid in the sod. The season, the weather, the holiday, and Anne's 2nd birthday all weigh very melancholy on my heart. Sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home