The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Tis the Season


The Season of Abigail has reached its pinnacle. Sunday before last we had a baby shower to celebrate Abigail's upcoming arrival. Then last Sunday we marked the last day she was alive. This Sunday marks the day we buried her in beneath the sod.

Our family is emotionally exhausted and so very sad. So much has happened to us in such a short time frame, and the support has been so dramatically lacking. We cling to the One Who Saves us. We celebrate Christmas because of what it is we receive with Heaven's King come to earth on our behalf. What on earth would we do without Him? How could we survive all this without Him?

Christmas is the hardest time for my heart to endure. Only my treasures in Heaven make it worth celebrating--they are the reason why I can still celebrate in spite of the desperate sorrow that crushes my spirt. I live because He lives, and He lives that He might come and make my joy more complete.

Truly the Joy of the Lord is my Strength.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home