The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Friday, November 10, 2006

Tea For Two--A Birthday Party for Mama & Papa

http://www.stjamestearoom.com/

I made reservations for tea on December 6th--they're having an evening with Ebenezer Scrooge. So we'll celebrate Abigail's third birthday in Heaven with readings from A Christmas Carol.

Gather with us around the blazing hearth with a steaming pot of tea and a three-tiered tray of goodies and hear Ebenezer Scrooge tell his story of transformation; how he learned his lesson, in the nick of time, from three amiable ghosts who led him through the journey of his wasted past, misguided present, and impending future. Local storyteller, Judy Hooks, who enchanted guests here at the St. James Tearoom last December, will once again share her storytelling talents. The evening will appeal to all ages and add the perfect touch to the festivities of your holiday season.


It will be lovely. I will weep. I'll order a flower cake for her grave, and tie a balloon bouquet to her chime stake. She'll get her holiday nativities and a fresh polishing. My heart aches for wanting it to be different. I miss her so very very much.

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 10, 06:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tea and Ebenezer Scrooge sounds nice.I wish you were having it With Abigail.I will be thinking about you and Brian so much on December 6th.The kids and I are going to release balloons too.I wish we could do more.Love you!

 
At Fri Nov 10, 07:40:00 PM, Blogger Karolyn said...

Keeping you as always in my prayers. I feel so sad you need to celebrate it this way. A big cyber hug sweet Vickie

 
At Sun Nov 12, 09:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the idea of having tea and going to see that. I wish Abigail was there with you. Knuffels,

Pauline

 

Post a Comment

<< Home