The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Remembering My May Bee

angelmouse.gif picture by vickienadine
So much of May reminds me of Anne--the weather, Mother's Day, the blooming flowers--all part of her short time with us. The weather is such that I can almost feel her absent presence. And the blooming iris & bleeding hearts will forever be for her. Three years ago we spent Mother's Day in the NICU, and a couple days later we got to bring her home. May 12th was her homecoming day. I remember feeling so nervous, and so sad that Abigail didn't get to come home with us at all. The chilly spring nights remind me so much of Anne--those middle of the night feedings that I cherished. How I miss holding her bitty warm body. In the midst of my sadness, I've been watching out for butterfly kisses and angel blessings. There have been many bitty white butterflies that have flittered across my path. I like to think of them as kisses from heaven...
mai185511.gif picture by vickienadine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home