The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Missing You


Heartbreaking
Originally uploaded by chicalookate
I'd love to know the cemetery where this monument is located. This statue captures the poignancy of a mother giving her baby back to heaven--I know the heatbreaking task so very well. The baby could very well be my own -- so limp & lifeless.

It's a busy, breezy, pre-autumn day. The wind captures all the chimes & spinners outside. I feel the presence of unity in the midst of the gusty torrents. My tears flow and cleanze my heart of it's heaviness. Like the statue, this mama has her blurry, watery eyes on the Lord--seeking answers for all the mysteries and riddles that don't make a bit of sense. He says, "Be still and KNOW that I Am God." Don't question, just obey. It's not as easy as it sounds...I'm so very grateful for grace.

Oh to see the rest of the statue--the anguished face of a broken hearted mother; the heavenly face of a precious baby...

Missing you a lot today, my sweet Babygirls.

3 Comments:

At Sun Sep 30, 09:42:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a hug, my friend.

 
At Sat Oct 06, 08:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hugs from me....

 
At Fri Dec 07, 08:49:00 AM, Blogger Chicalookate said...

I have sold several prints of this photo and most of them have been to women who suffered a miscarriage. That they want it as a reminder of their loss. I cry for each one, but I am happy if my photo can help them in any way. I just wish I was able to say more than "I am sorry."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home