The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Half Way to Fifty

birrthdaycakeparty-1.jpg

I'm 45 today. It's hard to believe that 45 years have gone by. They went so quickly. It's unlikely that I have 45 more waiting in the future. I'm trying to make the best out of what I have left--trying to salvage all the carelessness with which I pissed away the last 45 years. I don't expect to accomplish great things by the standards of the world, but I do so desperately want to hear God proclaim: "Well done thou good & faithful servant" when I inevitably come face to face with Him. He is my all & everything, and I want Him to shine through me. I want His presence to go before me. I want to do better at surrendering to His plan. I want Him to bless me and keep me; I want His face to shine on me and be gracious unto me; I want Him to lift up His countenance upon me and give me peace...

ATT2A11.gif

2 Comments:

At Thu Jul 12, 03:32:00 PM, Blogger Connie Barris said...

I was going through the random buttom on my blog.. and came across yours.. I am heartstricken over your grief.. I can't imagine your pain.. nor your anger...

I have a website on my blog that you are probably aware of.. "Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep"...I support it for parents like you... I was an OR Nurse and I had such heartache for parents such as yourself that went through this tragedy..with it's own story.

I wont' dare use such trite phrases that people use.. bec. as a counselor I understand the anger that instills..

I only pray that healing will one day come...

I'm so glad you have these beautiful pictures of your sweet babies....

 
At Fri Nov 16, 10:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog! I though you might like reading mine, it focuses mainly on religion (namely christianity). Anywho, please check it out and feel free to comment.

- Ryan Green
http://crazychristianblog.blogspot.com/


Oh and btw, your not halfway to 50... you're actually 90% on your way to fifty...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home