The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Saturday, November 08, 2008

Oh How I Miss You My Sweet Abigail



Oddly enough, Oprah said something slightly remarkable today. She spoke about how she and her staff have been stopping every day to pray for President Elect, Obama. Of course such a thing is quite noble and should be continued. For decades I too pray for our leaders, and none more than our new president & his staff. What was remarkable was not that Oprah & her staff pray for our new leaders, but that she made very apparent that she & her staff didn't pray for our old ones. I couldn't help but think that maybe chucklehead George the Second wouldn't have been such a lowly foolish president if more folks like Oprah would have prayed for him more.

Nevertheless, it's a great era for African Americans. I'm very proud for them (for us) even though I still think the unborn are THE MOST vulnerable and THE MOST abused & neglected of any other human population in our nation or in the world. My heart breaks for the unborn and how expendable they've become in the eyes of politics, medical ethics, and lifestyle choices.

It's not PC to be pro-life--I get it. We're just hicks & hillbillies when it comes to thinking the unborn should have equal rights. I guess it just makes me so sad for all the babies who have become so expendable, all in the name of "free choice" and political "correctness."

In less than thirty days my own unborn child would be turning five. She was born dead---no birth certificate; no death certificate; no certificate of stillbirth. Our Governor Richardson veto'd the stillbirth bill claiming that to pass the bill would be a gateway to fraud. My head spins like Linda Blair. Apparently my dead child was ruled criminal even in her lifeless birth.

Yep, ButtHead Bill--Democrat Extrordinaire--determined that my daughter's lifeless birth was not worthy of any type of certification. And though the Round House passed the bill, our governor vetoed the bill and ruled my dead-born daughter to be non-existent in the state in which she was birthed & buried. Only the hole she occupies at the cemetery knows she ever lived.

Yes I'm thrilled for Black America--it's a long time coming. But I'm terribly bereaved by the lifeless scream of my dead-born child. I'm bereaved by all the other lifeless screams that will never matter to either Democrat or Republican. My heart aches for those like my daughters who never got any choices at all...

THINKI116.gif picture by vickienadine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home