The Joy of the Lord is My Strength

Discussions on grieving infant death & stillbirth; only the strength of the Lord makes it possible to tell the tale...

Saturday, January 24, 2009

1st B'day Cake & Cupcakes

I'm member of a fabulous cupcake group at Flickr. This photo is lovely, and I'm sure the shoppe bakery executive is even more lovely.

Of course the cupcakes are delightful, and I can only imagine the family who ordered these for their little baby's first birthday party. I can imagine that it was a fun & festive time for the baby's parents, grandparents and all their friends.

I guess the operative phrase for me is, "I can only imagine..." They probably can't imagine making a flower cake for the cemetery that looks just as stinkin' cute and cost a hell of a lot more in grief & sorrow.

I guess Debbie Downer is my new lot in life. Always a party pooper, never a party girl. I don't begrudge them their party; really, I don't. I just wish my girls had gotten to be one and have a gooey pink cupcake party with my friends. There were very few of my pre-Abigail friends who shared Abigail's birthday with me. It's been a lonely to walk in the shadows of other people's pink cupcake parties...

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 24, 08:23:00 AM, Blogger Elysia G. Amiel said...

Honoring Memories is an online memorial organization which sets the standard for providing high quality, unique memorials to individuals and families empowering them find the needed way to remember and honor their loved ones. We strive to connect with, grieve with, laugh with, and uplift the lives of our customers. http://www.honoringmemories.org

 

Post a Comment

<< Home